Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quilt Mania

During the last few weeks of gardening and canning season, I was spending everyday either picking produce, weeding garden beds or bottling the goodies up. While it is really satisfying to see all the finished bottles on the shelf, the process is exhausting and time-consuming. So, to distract myself while I was working, I was planning quilts and promising myself some serious quilt-making time when frost hit.

Frost came. I've been quilting. And quilting. And quilting....


A special, quick quilt for our newest family member, Aynslee. These fabrics were so lovely that I knew they'd be perfect for our little princess. I used a simple pattern, the disappearing nine-patch. Used lime green fleece on the back to make it extra cuddly.


I've done a post about this quilt, but wanted to include it here to show the order of operations. Used my 'Twister' ruler and backed it with off-white fleece.


Made from the fabric line 'Cookie Jar Treats', this quilt is an addition to my Christmas quilt stash that I share every year. This one brings the number up to just enough for everyone to have one...except me. Gonna have to get at least one more made this year!


Although this one is primarily red and green, it's not a Christmas quilt. Those are apples and apple pies! I thought I'd use this one in September to celebrate the harvest and be cozy while watching tv downstairs. I purchased these fabrics and the pattern from Quilts Etc last year planning to make a lap size quilt. It turned out more twin sized so I really had to work to get it quilted. Pretty happy with the finished product, all said and done.


Most recent project, just finished this morning. Again, fabrics and free pattern from Quilts Etc last year. This one is just the right size to keep Peri and I warm on the sofa.

This group of quilts represents nearly the end of my stack of quilt UFOs. With that in mind, I splurged on some cute snowman flannels at last month's quilt class so between that quilt and some Christmas projects, I'll be pretty busy through the end of the year. No time for the winter blues in my sewing room!