Monday, January 2, 2012

In The Garden - January 2

Even though the high temperatures this week have been record-breaking 50s, it's still much to cold to be planting outside.  However, it is the perfect time to be starting plants inside!  And I'm ready:


My seed order from Pinetree seeds arrived this week.  As always, I'm so impressed with their customer service.  My order was in my hands just three days from ordering all the way from Maine.  These are all the seeds I plan to plant this year ( I think).  Only about half of them need to be started early indoors.  And I'll be starting the first ones tomorrow now that I have the equipment cleaned up.


I scrubbed all the flats and pots with a brush and then soaked them in a bleach solution to kill any fungus that might affect the plant growth.  Yesterday, Mike and I stopped at Home Depot and bought seed starting mix and some peat pots for some of the finicky seedlings. 

Tomato seedlings take a while to get to optimum size for setting out so they're first on the list.  Then I'll be starting seeds every week or so until early summer.

No comments: